A graduate of the LWT / ITV Sound Department (13 years staff), Iain cut his teeth on classic prime-time shows such as 'The Royal Variety Performance', ‘Friday Night Live’ and ‘Live from Her Majesty's’. Originally trained as a Boom Operator, before moving into the production gallery, Iain is a freelance Sound Supervisor, Gram. Op. and Technical Producer, specialising in Light Entertainment and Sport. He has been a regular freelancer for SKY over the last 3 years, working in their new state of the art studio complex, as well as The BBC, ITV and many independent production companies.
Iain helped launch and develop ITV’s facility business – The London Studios, before establishing independent production company ‘Fire Mountain Productions’. Having produced The London Studios / ITV’s cult model animation series ‘The Treacle People’, for which he received a BAFTA-nomination and CITV’s current 52-part live-action hit ‘Captain Mack’, Iain has a 360 degree in-depth knowledge of the production process. With well-seasoned, senior production abilities, Iain is a ‘safe pair of hands’ solution to production staffing shortfalls.
Sound Supervisor and Gram. Op. Credits include:
- BBC Sports News (The Farm Group for BBC North): Regular Sound Supervisor
- All New Blockbusters - 52 episodes (Thames for SKY Challenge): Sound Supervisor
- The Graham Norton Show - 2013 New Year's Eve Special (So Television for The BBC): Gam. Op
- Soccer Special (SKY Sport): Regular Sound Supervisor
- UEFA Champions and Europa League (The London Studios/ITV Sport): Regular match sub-mixing
- SKY Sports News (SKY): Regular Sound Supervisor
- Loose Women (The London Studios for ITV): Gram. Op.
- The Royal Wedding Week - This Morning (ITV): Sound Supervisor
- The National Lottery (Initial / Endemol for BBC): Regular Gram. Op.
- Antiques House - 26 episodes (ITN for SKY Arts): Sound Supervisor
- Africa Cup of Nations 2012/13 (ITV): Match sub-mixing
- BBC Comic Relief 'Jack & Kevin's Late Night Lock In' (BBC): Gram. Op.
- Richard Bacon's Beer & Pizza Club (Thames for ITV): Gram. Op.
- Lorraine (The London Studios for ITV): Gram. Op.
- Spanish Football (SKY Sports): Regular Sound Supervisor
- NFL (SKY): Regular Sound Supervisor
- US PGA Golf (SKY): Sound Supervisor
- 35 MM (Film review show for SKY Atlantic): Sound Supervisor
- I am Nixon (Drama: Hat Trick for SKY Arts): Number One
- 3D American Basketball Championships (SKY): Sound Supervisor
- SKY News HD (SKY): Sound Supervisor
- Tight Lines (SKY): Sound Supervisor
- Davis Cup Tennis (SKY): Sound Supervisor
Technical Producer/Director Credits include:
- UEFA Champions League (ITV Sport): Outside Broadcast Technical Producer
- Rugby World Cup (The London Studios): Technical Director
- IPL Cricket (ITV Sport): Technical Producer
Specialist Knowledge includes:
Calrec Appollo/Artimes Sound Desks, Riedel Communications, BNCS Routing and Spot0n Audio Playback.